We understand that when children come from school, they will need time to relax and replenish their energy ready for them to explore their potential with us. That is why upon their arrival, they will sign-in and go to our fully-equipped recreation room, where they can relax and play while waiting for us to serve them with nutritious snacks which will help them re-energise.
We want to make sure that you and your child are taking real benefit from being at Redbrick Academy and so our service provision and focus will be geared (but not limited to) the following 3 core areas:
Academic SupportAcademic Support is all about ensuring that your child is progressing and are receiving any support they need along the way. The support is offered in the form of the following:
This is an optional drop-in style service designed to support young people with their homework set by schools.
This is group based adhoc crash course on problem subjects we identify affecting 3 or more members. We will be able to identify the problem subject using the Personal Development Plans (PDP) for each member.
This service is a face-to-face tuition in a modern classroom environment in the core academic subjects, complimenting school learning (Maths, Science & English)
Islamic DevelopmentIn catering for the needs of the local community, we recognize that Longsight has a higher number of Muslims that in any other ward in Manchester. With this in mind, we have developed classes that will not only cater for the needs of its Muslim members, but will also compliment their personal and academic development.
We provide the same Islamic education that local Mosque do, but we do so using modern tools and in the same style of teaching as in their schools – something that they are familiar and comfortable with (i.e. with tables, chairs, multimedia and technology).
We will only teach the bear essentials that include:
• Quran Tajweed (reciting the Quran accurately)
• Spoken Arabic
• Hifz (Memorization) of Quran
• Salah (Prayer)
Personal DevelopmentPersonal Development is the missing link, which bridges that gap between aspiration and attainment. At Redbrick Academy, we believe that every child will reach their full potential if they are aware of themselves i.e. their attitudes, behaviors, motivations, confidence and character. All of these factors make the difference in the real world of work between a job, a career or entrepreneur.
To make sure that your child really benefits, we will be doing the following:
• Goal setting and Rewards for marked improvements in your child
• Short inspiring talks delivered by accomplished individuals (e.g. Footballers, TV personalities, Professionals such as accountants, lawyers, doctors, fire fighters and many more)
• Personal Development activities for character building and confidence which includes presentation and research skills
• Trips and other activities will be selected with the objective of complimenting personal development (Museums, Theme parks, Zoo, Sports and much more) – We know how important this is and that’s why it will be free for members